About Me

My photo
I'm Fred. I arrived on the scene in 2002 in a paper bag. I was given as a birthday present. I live with "Him" and "Her". I spend a lot of time on my shelf above their bed thinking. We also spend quite a lot of our time on our Narrowboat "Jophina II" . My blog is about my thoughts and experiences.

Monday 20 September 2010

Locked Out....a boating term?!

He and L went off last Thursday to get the boat back after the bottom blacking. They took the train to Long Eaton and having dropped all their gear off on the boat which was in a dry dock they went to the pub for a meal and a couple of drinks. Very tired they went back at 10 o’clock and as he tried to open the door lock on the boat the key sheared off in the lock; the language was quite choice. Fortunately the Dry Dock was in the same building as a workshop and after some rooting about He found some tools with which to “gain entry” otherwise known a breaking in! Phew.
Next morning the boatyard owner had to cut off the padlock with an angle grinder. After that they set off for home and after a 9 ½ hour journey they arrived in Newark just as it was getting dark. Nik was waiting for them outside the Barge Pub (appropriately) with a pint in his hand!
Next day they left at 8am and got to West Stockwith at 4pm where after refuelling they spent the night moored up outside the Waterfront Inn. The final leg back to the home mooring was done on Sunday morning in pouring rain. A good time was had by all.

In the Dry Dock

Flooding the dry dock

No comments:

Post a Comment

WebRing

Navigation by WebRing.