About Me

My photo
I'm Fred. I arrived on the scene in 2002 in a paper bag. I was given as a birthday present. I live with "Him" and "Her". I spend a lot of time on my shelf above their bed thinking. We also spend quite a lot of our time on our Narrowboat "Jophina II" . My blog is about my thoughts and experiences.

Sunday 6 June 2010

30 Seconds to Impact

He’s just finished reading this book which is written by the Captain of the BA aircraft which crashed at Heathrow in January 2008 with, happily, no loss of life.




He found the book fascinating not just because things to do with aircraft interest him but because it was a clearly very personal and at times emotional account by the Captain and his wife of how the incident affected them as individuals and as a family. This was from a number of perspectives including how the company handled the incident, psychological issues relating to a "near death experience", how the press pursued them for information (literally driving them into hiding) and how fellow employees reacted to him after the incident.

In short he wasn’t able to put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WebRing

Navigation by WebRing.