About Me

My photo
I'm Fred. I arrived on the scene in 2002 in a paper bag. I was given as a birthday present. I live with "Him" and "Her". I spend a lot of time on my shelf above their bed thinking. We also spend quite a lot of our time on our Narrowboat "Jophina II" . My blog is about my thoughts and experiences.

Monday 22 February 2010

Against his better judgement He sat down last night to watch Gerry Adams and the History of the Bible on Channel 4. He wasn’t going to watch it but being an open minded sort of chap He did.

It was actually quite disturbing. Although there was an element of the history of the bible, or perhaps more correctly, the history of the Holy Land in the time of Jesus, it rapidly became more to do with Gerry Adams himself; in fact the last 15 minutes was all about GA and the Irish troubles. The disturbing bit was how GA went on about forgiveness and redemption and sought to justify his actions by saying he was perfectly at peace with himself. Time and time again in his conversations with the people he interviewed in the programme he turned the conversation round to himself; when someone described Barabbas as a Terrorist of his day GA said, with a wry smile “or a freedom fighter”.

Others more eloquent than I will probably review the programme (!) but it just left rather a bitter taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WebRing

Navigation by WebRing.