About Me

My photo
I'm Fred. I arrived on the scene in 2002 in a paper bag. I was given as a birthday present. I live with "Him" and "Her". I spend a lot of time on my shelf above their bed thinking. We also spend quite a lot of our time on our Narrowboat "Jophina II" . My blog is about my thoughts and experiences.

Saturday 20 February 2010

Thinking about paint colours and names...

Think about painting ( cos that’s what I do best…Thinking not Painting!) reminds me that He painted the Bathroom about three weeks ago. He used the same paint as the previous time as He had some left. Just as well as I don’t suppose he’d have gone to the shop to ask for more.

There had been much discussion about what colour the bathroom should be amongst the female members of the household and a particular shade of blue was agreed. It wasn’t a standard stock colour but rather one of those which has to be specially mixed. Off he went to the Crown Decorator Centre in Grimsby and gave the code number to the helpful lady. She put it into the computer and announced rather enthusiastically that since that particular colour didn’t have a name he could chose one. He wasn’t really interested and said “whatever you like”. She insisted that he chose a name and somewhat facetiously he said “anything ….call it after the dog if you like”. She then asked him what the dogs name was and he said “we don’t have one”! Deep sighs all round and she played with the computer and said I’ve named it after my dog”!

So the rather fetching “Wedgewood” type blue which we have in the bathroom is called “Rambo” – will you go and ask for it or shall I?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WebRing

Navigation by WebRing.