About Me

My photo
I'm Fred. I arrived on the scene in 2002 in a paper bag. I was given as a birthday present. I live with "Him" and "Her". I spend a lot of time on my shelf above their bed thinking. We also spend quite a lot of our time on our Narrowboat "Jophina II" . My blog is about my thoughts and experiences.

Thursday 5 August 2010

The Bingley 5 Rise

From Rodley we moved on to Shipley where they met up with friends and went out for a meal. They didn’t take me!
This morning they went to look at Saltaire and at Salts Mill they did some shopping before moving on. The fist lock we got to was a single, the second a double and the third the Bingley 3 rise (triple). Then it was on to one of the wonders of the waterways; the Bingley 5 rise (five locks in a staircase) which lifts the canal over 60ft. It took about a hour to get up under the watchful eye of three lock keepers.
Here are some photos of the day


No comments:

Post a Comment

WebRing

Navigation by WebRing.