About Me

My photo
I'm Fred. I arrived on the scene in 2002 in a paper bag. I was given as a birthday present. I live with "Him" and "Her". I spend a lot of time on my shelf above their bed thinking. We also spend quite a lot of our time on our Narrowboat "Jophina II" . My blog is about my thoughts and experiences.

Monday 26 July 2010

A close shave and mingling with big boys

We set off on our journey yesterday. We left Clayworth on the Chesterfield Canal in the middle of the afternoon and went down to Misterton about four hours away where we spent the night.As you can see from the photo we have the Kayak on the roof and He had one or two nervy moments as we went under bridges – none more so than this! A close shave!






Today we made our way to West Stockwith Lock (above) which is where the Chesterfield Canal meets the tidal Trent and after a bit of a delay we were off on the outgoing tide Two hours later and we were at Keadby Lock. He said that the entrance was a bit tricky and I can see why. Mind you he also said that what he did was “text book” which I took to mean that we didn’t actually hit anything! Just before the lock we were mingling with the big boys.




From Keadby we joined the Stainforth and Keadby Canal and we are now spending the night at Thorne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WebRing

Navigation by WebRing.